AAA Logo from Wiki (Fair to share)
“Triple A" is the endearing name of this federation of motor clubs throughout North America, with its national HQ located in Heathrow, Florida. Today, AAA has around 56-million members in the US and Canada. Services to its members include roadside assistance - this is what put AAA on the map - among many others.
From Humble Beginnings to AAA Car Rental Insurance
Hertz and AAA operate an exclusive car rental partnership, where club members receive discounts, special rates, and other benefits on Hertz car rental deals. According to their membership level, AAA clients may find car rental insurance in place via their standard AAA Auto policy.
Back Up On Hand
AAA clubs primarily provide emergency road services to member users. These services extend to towing, winching, lockouts, change of tire, automotive first aid, battery replacement, and more. Private local towing operators contracted to the AAA club provide assistance. AAA sells roadside assistance for a variety of motor vehicles, including motorcycles.
Closer Look at AAA Emergency Roadside Assistance
Triple A members have grown used to Roadside Assistance. For example, if visiting for 90 days or less, you are entitled to BASIC Emergency Roadside Assistance to include:
- Vehicle towing for at least three miles in any direction from point of disablement, or back to the responding facility, free of charge
- Top up fuel delivery to a member’s disabled vehicle (pump price charged)
- Vehicle recovery using a winch if required to extricate your vehicle’
- Flatbed service charges covered if the flatbed is required due to accident damage or if it is the contractor’s primary service vehicle
- Mobile battery service, or temporary adjustments to enable jump starting
- Flat tire service, including changing a flat tire when a usable spare is present
- Key service after lockout
These services are more than reassuring to know about when traveling far from home. Apart from an accident with injuries, there is nothing more stressing than experiencing a breakdown and not knowing what to do. The longer affected motorists are left unattended, the greater the risk of the situation worsening.
Check AAA Car Rental Insurance Before Leaving Home
Always check that your auto policy is current and fully updated. Owning a full-coverage auto policy may cover rental cars in the US, subject to the deductible. Before collecting your rental auto, review your policy and declaration pages, and be sure you are familiar with the level of protection you have in place.
Win / Win Situation
Understanding what the rental giants offer renters under “insurance cover” is not easy. It assumes having a good level of knowledge about waivers, and the decision making process surrounding a claim. Accepting Affordable Car Rental Damage Insurance should be the first box to tick when driving a rental auto. Follow the link to Bozah.com and get the cover you know will look after you!